Badly Designed Tech Toys
Monday, Jul. 01, 2019 5:01 PM
"Stay in the Light" - Honeymoon Suite
News: the surgery will be between Aug and Sept. 8 weeks recovery instead of 6. I imagine I will be playing with my tech toys a lot, because 90% of my other life hobbies require lifting 15+ lbs to *get* to, & sitting upright for extended periods of time.
Speaking of tech toys.. the Alcatel A10 I got from my provider's last promo ended up being a pain in my arse. I finally got miffed enough to call the provider. I was informed that I still have time under warranty to get it inspected and possibly exchanged.
ALCATEL A10'S MAJOR FLAWS:
* POS BATTERY LIFESPAN
* OLD USB 2.0 "PINS" CHARGER TYPE
* STUPID PLACEMENT OF CHARGER & HEADPHONES JACKS
* UNUSUAL PLACEMENT OF SPEAKER
* DETERIORATION OF SOFTWARE IN UNDER A MONTH
* MOST APPS ARE "NOT OPTIMIZED FOR THIS DEVICE" .. even after a February 2019 release (now being July 1)... (Including major apps like eBay and SoundCloud...)
* A LACK OF "DEVICE MANAGER"/"DEVICE CARE" APP PRE-INSTALLED
And.. that's just what I noticed in a month or so of use!!
MOLDY OLDIES & NEW NATTERS